Sunday, June 10, 2012

Just starting out

     So I'm really excited because this is my first blog post! I'm also kind of nervous because I don't know how it's going to turn out. In any case, I'll just start out by giving a little background. 
     I've never really been the blogger type, but I've always loved writing and putting together little projects, and this seemed like a good opportunity to do so. I've kind of written in a few different journal-type notebooks over the past few years, but never really kept a consistent one. I've had a few where I just wrote a few entries and then got bored and lost it somewhere in a drawer somewhere. I have one, which is the most recent one I've written in, which I've kept somewhat of a consistent style in, but I only made like 5 or so entries, and they were more thoughtful than substantial. Anyways, though, I'm excited that I've finally gotten around to doing this, and I hope something good actually comes out of it!
     Since this is my first post, it probably makes sense to explain a bit about the title of this blog, "Of Stolen Values and Lost Perspective". I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, what with moving towards college and some of the other big life steps, and looking back on this year, I've probably never gained so much perspective in so little time. A lot of the ways in which I view the world, other people, and myself (as cheesy as that may sound), have changed, and I honestly think I've become somewhat of a different person. Everyone says that Junior year is the toughest, and that it's the year that sets you up for college, and ultimately, the rest of your life. Well, I think everyone might have been right. I don't think I've ever come to the close of a year, looked back, and thought, "oh my sweet lord...how did so much happen in ONE YEAR??" Well apparently, it somehow all happened. 
     Despite the ups and downs of junior year, both those expected and otherwise, I honestly feel like I've found some solid ground as to where I belong in my high school career. I have my classes picked for my final year, I'm going to start applying to college soon, and I have amazing friends who I love more than words. I truly feel like this year, I've grown so much as a friend, daughter, sister, and human being. I hope the thoughts I share in this blog will strike a cord with someone who reads it, and that they will be positively affected in some way. One of my goals in doing this is to affect people, and I'm going to do all that I can to do that! Enjoy (:


No comments:

Post a Comment